Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Baby, It's Cold Outside!


So... the best laid plans... I don't know the end of that expression, but I do know that my big plans for my three days off really didn't turn out all that well. I did NOTHING yesterday, but consoled myself that I still had two days to go. This morning I awoke with a list of errand that I needed to run, but consoled myself that I still had Wednesday. Well, a few hours ago I got a call from work saying that my schedule got switched and now I have to work tomorrow. I don't really mind, because now I get Saturday off to spend with Darrin, but it does mean that I have managed to write a total of 0 sentences this week! It's snowing like crazy here in Indy. About three inches so far today and it's not supposed to stop until noon-ish tomorrow. But at least it's not ice. My mom lives in Oklahoma and she got a few inches of ice last night and this morning. Ice is way dangerous. Snow doesn't knock out power lines and make people freeze to death like ice does. Plus, my mom lives in what my friends like to call "the boonies of the boonies" and if her power goes out... it's a long time before it comes back on. Last year, she was out of power for ten days and living at my grandma's because she, at least, has a fire place. Anyway, no tales of power outages there yet and I feel very secure in my power... living in a suburban area like I do.

0 comments: